Welcome. Spring. 2012.






11.03.2011

Going on Blind Dates

Sorry for the long absence.  Lots going on these days.  Finished a few projects, started a few more. 

On October 2, I decided to get out-of-the-box and try to knit.  It's been going okay.  Nothing to scream about or anything.  It's certainly been a fun thing, to try something new, but I wasn't really feeling "the groove" and I was getting terribly frustrated with this new knitty thing. 

So I decided to go on a Blind Date.  Yes, that's right.  I was invited to one of our Local Knitting Circles a couple of Saturdays ago by a lovely gal, Meredith online on Ravelry.  It was just like going on a Blind Date.  I got all nervous, wondering who I'd meet, if I would say the right thing, if we'd get along or not... well, I met Dorothy, Meredith, Suzanne, Kris, Karen, Laura, and Laurie- all great gals with lots of good advice and tips to share.  It was such a lovely Blind Date that I went on another couple, met a few more knitty-friends and well, I think it will be a lovely relationship.

So, tho' no lovely fall leaves nor 'prose nor tah-dahs, I'm challenging YOU to get out, go on your own Blind Date and try something New. 

Well now, go and do whatever that is.


See ya round the (knitty) corner,

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you joined in a group like this.. what a wonderful way to make friends! I should find a group in my neck of the woods. You'll have to take a photo of all of you and share it.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting looks very neat. I am glad you enjoyed your meet ups. I have met up with some lovely Ravelry friends too, it is great to network and tap in to each others skills. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knitters and crocheters are the very best. I am so happy you are making new friends and learning to knit all at the same time. I think your knitting is looking fabulous.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Clivia miniata

tulip happiness